Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 32 - Run the Race

Hebrews 11:39-12:2



I cannot believe I am coming to a close on this wonderful chapter! I know God has blessed me through this study and has shown me some things that were new. He also reminded me of things that I once learned but had forgotten, and He also brought some healing words to me as well. Isn’t our God wonderful?! Today, I am going to finish up Hebrews 11 and go into chapter 12 a little bit; tomorrow, I am going to review all the wonderful things I learned along the way.



We have read about many heroes in this amazing chapter and looked into their lives to see why the author put them in this list. While looking at their lives, we read that they all were human with very human struggles, yet they all had one thing in common: THEY BELIEVED GOD! I know that if my children see anything in me, they will know that I believe God. I want to model a faith walk for them so they in turn can have a faith that has deep roots. The author has an interesting twist for us at the end of the chapter, “…yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.” The author is explaining that all these heroes didn’t receive all that had been promised yet because Christ had not come. As believers, we get to share the reward. How exciting!



With a fresh look on the lives of all these heroes set before us, the author continues in chapter 12. I love these verses; they are so inspiring to me! “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of throne of God.” We already know that there are people who have had the same struggles we face today, and they endured and grew in their faith. We can face our temptations and struggles knowing that God will give us the strength and ability to win. We can run the race knowing we are not alone; Jesus has already given us the victory! We have a hope that is bigger than anything the world can offer.



Have you been encouraged and inspired as you read through Hebrews 11 and took the time to read about the heroes of the Old Testament? These were normal people who allowed God to us them in extraordinary ways because they believed God. Keep running the race knowing that God is with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.