Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 33 - Wrap Up

Hebrews 11



I am just wrapping up this almost seven week study on Hebrews 11 today. What a blessing this study has been to me! I am just going to list out a few things I noticed God leading me through during these six and a half weeks.

Week 1 – I learned some faith “basics.” I learned that faith pleases God and it is an important part of our growth in God.

Week 2 – Abraham’s life showed me that faith in God calls us to do things that don’t always make sense at first. We obey God because we trust Him, even when we don’t understand His plan.

Week 3 – I learned that no matter what the world has to offer, when we can give God our undivided heart, we will prevail and endure what comes our way. Our focus needs to stay on Him, even if it sets us apart from the world.

Week 4 – I learned the important role that discipline plays in our faith walk. We are only prepared to do God’s work when we spend time with Him and in His Word.

Week 5 – This was a difficult week for me, because I got to witness more of the
human weakness involved in our faith walks. But God showed me that in our weaknesses He is most definitely strong!

Week 6 – I got to see how God did the impossible for those that followed Him no matter what the cost.

Week 7 – I learned that the Christian walk will not always be defined by the miraculous things that God does to show His might, but it will also include hardships and persecution. I also saw the encouragement that God gives us to know that we are not alone in this walk and the reward is great for those who endure!



Praise God for the love He shows us and how He grows our faith! I hope you enjoyed this journey with me…I learned so much! Since today is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent I am going to spend time looking at the parables of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.