Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 1 - The Fruit of the Spirit

Galatians 5:16-26

After reading about Jesus’ parables, I really felt that God impressed upon me the importance of bearing His spiritual fruit as we grow in Him. I decided that studying about the fruit of the Spirit would be a great study to do following the parables study. Today, I am just going to have a quick opening to the study, and I am going to dig in deeper tomorrow. Please read the selection of scripture for today if you have not already.

There are a few interesting points that I am going to look at this week: first, this section of scripture mentions that if we live by the Spirit, we are not under the law. I am going to look at that much deeper tomorrow. Another section talks about sinful nature, and I will be looking at that deeper on Thursday. The last point in this section of scripture talks about the fruit we are to bear when we are living in the Spirit. I will look at that a bit deeper on Friday. Next week, I will begin to look at each fruit of the Spirit separately and spend a few days digging into how the Bible defines them.

I just want to leave you with this thought: “Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other,” Galatians 5:24-26. Since we have just celebrated Easter, these verses seem so fitting! When we have accepted the fact that we need a Savior and have given Christ authority in our lives, we truly have crucified our old sinful nature. We are to be living lives that reflect the work that God is performing in our hearts. So, “let us keep in step with the Spirit!”

I can’t wait to read what God has to show me about the fruit He desires to see growing in my life! I know He will stretch me and grow me through this process.

Are you ready for your next adventure with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.