Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 28 - Patience With God's Work

Romans 8:18-25

Sometimes things happen here on Earth that makes me so impatient for when I get to spend time with my heavenly Father. There are times when I see the pain that this world produces and it makes me long impatiently for my heavenly home. I am reminded that my home is not here and that I really am just an alien here. It doesn’t always take much; sometimes it is just by watching the news and seeing what we humans do to each other. Other times, it may be when I am feeling pain myself. Either way, I know I am an alien here and I have a permanent home to look forward to. With that thought, please read Romans 8:18-25.

Impatience on this matter will not change God’s timing, so we need to wait patiently. In the mean time, we need to accept that God wants us here now to do His work so we can grow to be more like Him. He has a work that He wants to complete in us and it doesn’t happen overnight. God knows what is best for us, so we wait patiently for His work to be complete and show His love to those around us. Please look at Philippians 1:4-6. Paul wrote how God is continuing to complete His work in us as we do His work throughout our lifetime and will finish it when we get to see Him face to face. What a beautiful thought! God is preparing for our face to face meeting!

I have found in my own life that it is when I let go of my own timeline that God is able to do incredible work in me. When I can let go of my impatience and give it to God and trust His timing, I learn and grow and my heart is changed. The idea that God is continually working on us can also help us to be more patient with fellow Christians. We are all at a different place in our walk with God and God reveals what we need to see at the right time. Knowing that can help us have patience because we can remember that not only is God working in our own lives, but He is working in others as well. Praise God that He does not get stuck in a rut!

Are you patiently allowing God to work in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.