Sunday, August 8, 2010

Week 6, Day 5 - Prayer: A Review To Finish

Thank you to those of you who joined with me in looking at prayer. I hope you used this as an opportunity to search the scriptures and learn more on your own time! If we pray for God to teach us something fresh and new so we can grow closer to Him, He will answer! I would like to take today as a time to wrap up my study on prayer. This has been a wonderful study for me because it pointed out how much I have been missing in my relationship with God as a result of a weak prayer life. I have been encouraged through this study and have already taken some steps to strengthen this area of weakness. What a blessing that God makes Himself accessable to us through prayer; we get to approach the throne of the King of Kings! Are you amazed by that?

Some things I am taking away from this study are:

  • God gave us the gift of prayer to develop a closer relationship with Him.
  • God gave us the gift of prayer so we can ask!
  • Prayer shifts our focus to God.
  • God wants our prayers to be open and honest.
  • God does not always answer our prayers in the way we expect.
  • Prayer helps us plan and be ready for whatever storms may come.
  • Prayer gives us stability.
  • God expects us to pray for others and wants us to ask others for prayer.
  • We need to wait on God's timing
  • Our requests change as we are walking in God's will.

Basically, prayer is a life-changing gift that God has given us and no one is the same after they develop a life style of prayer. Are you developing a life style of prayer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.