Friday, September 17, 2010

Week 5, Day 1 - Jump Into Action

Acts 9:19b - 31

I am amazed by the first few verses in this section of scripture, "Saul stayed with the believers in Damascus for a few days. And immediately he began preaching about Jesus in the synagogues saying, 'He is indeed the Son of God.'" That got me to think about my mission trip to Zambia coming up. At our recent meeting we discussed how we will be changed by the trip but that it is easy to fall back into the routine and rhythm of life when when we return home. I asked the question how do we avoid that from happening? And I think Saul lived a perfect example of how to avoid getting stuck back into the trap of routine.

The Bible tells us that Saul immediately began preaching about Jesus. He didn't wait until it seemed like the right time because he knew that he needed to do it now. I've felt passionate about something but because I didn't move into immediate action I slowly walked right into the trap of routine. Before I knew it, the passion was fading and I no longer felt called into action. I am praying that I will have the courage, strength and wisdom to move into action as I find myself changed by this trip.

Have you found yourself stuck in a rut or routine? What have you been passionate about that you have allowed to fade?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.