Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Prayers For Those In Ministry

3 John 1:2

Today, I found myself hearing news of a friend who works at a church dealing with a difficult situation. Ministry is never easy and the pastor or leader can find themselves in trying situations where they have no choice but to turn to God for guidance. As I found myself praying for her today, I was reminded of the verse I read earlier about John's prayer for a dear friend in ministry. Please read 3 John 1.

I want to focus specifically on verse 2 where John wrote, "Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well." Such a simple prayer, but a prayer that I feel covers a lot of territory. Ministry can take a toll on a person and during busy times the minister may find themselves falling ill or becoming frustrated. Praying that they would have good health and that all goes well is a wonderful prayer of blessing.

Have you prayed for your pastor or other godly mentor lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.