Monday, December 27, 2010

Time For Rebuilding

Haggai 1:1-15

I don't like to be uncomfortable, in fact, I'll even admit to going out of my way to avoid discomfort. I have found that God wants to pull me out of comfort and bring me to a place of obedience and discomfort. Discomfort not for the sake of seeing me squirm, but a healthy discomfort to see me grow. I know for a fact that the times that I have experienced discomfort are the times that God stretched me and grew me in unexpected ways. I have seen where God has given me a choice between growth and comfort. Sometimes it can be easy to overlook what God wants us to do and look at what makes us comfortable instead. Please look up Haggai 1:1-15.

God didn't mince words when He said, "Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin?" I know that God was directly talking to the Israelites at that time; however, it still makes me think of the fact that we are the temple of the Holy Spirit. It makes me wonder where my heart needs some rebuilding or fixing up. The house I should be most concerned about is my heart; comfort shouldn't be my number one goal. Please look at what God says in verses 5-6. I don't want my comfort to make me do meaningless things. I can look at my life and see how I have filled the time with meaningless things for the sake of comfort when that could have been time spent building my relationship with God.

Where is God challenging you to be uncomfortable? Where does God want to see some rebuilding in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.