Friday, December 3, 2010

White As Snow


Psalm 51

Living in Western New York means lake effect snow in the winter. Personally, I am not a fan of winter or snow; but I do enjoy the scenery that snow creates. I want to share with you the scenery that I woke up to see this morning. This is my backyard and the snow that came last night was on top of a snowfall that happened the day before. My children had spent a total of 5 hours out in the snow yesterday, but because of a fresh snow falling throughout the night it is all new again.

There are several references in the Bible to the image that snow creates, but I want to focus on Psalm 51:7. "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Whiter that snow! If you have ever lived in an area that receives snow, you know that when the sun shines on the snow it can be blinding. It is a great reminder that the work God wants to do in our hearts can be blinding and noticeable to everyone around us. Psalm 51:10 says, "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." God can create a pure heart and renew our spirit. I looked at the thought of renewing our mind the other day, but we see that God can renew our spirit so we can honor Him.

Please look at Psalm 51:13, "Then I will teach transgressors your ways, so that sinners will turn back to you." God's work in our hearts is not just about our own redemption; God does this in our lives for His glory. We are to shine whiter than snow so we can reveal our Father to others.

Allow God to create a pure heart in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.