Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Comfort?

James 1:22

Do you ever feel like God is turning your world upside down?  I have been dealing with that for a while (probably since preparing and going to Zambia) and it seems that God is now turning up the heat.  I like to consider myself an obedient person; I want to obey the rules to the best of my ability.  I have failures; however, I try to live my life in a way that I feel the Bible is telling me to live.  But God has opened my eyes to new things that I really don't want to have to deal with, such as the way I cling to comfort.  I felt I had let go of comfort pretty well throughout my entire trip to Zambia until the day we left and I began feeling ill and I couldn't control whether or not I would be comfortable.  I have to admit that I really don't like having to consider the fact that I don't just enjoy comfort; I depend on comfort.  Yet, the Bible tells us that our walk with God isn't necessarily comfortable.

Please look up James 1:22.  I have been having to ask myself and pray to God how I have been deceiving myself.  Where am I only listening or memorizing and not doing?  If you haven't read yesterday's post, please do - I have included a video clip where Francis Chan will challenge you to do what Christ says, not just listen or discuss what He says.  So, if you are unsure of where you are not doing and only listening, I would challenge you to pray.  I know that if you sincerely ask God to show you where you need to take action, your prayer will be answered.  For me, God is challenging my need for comfort.  Am I willing to be uncomfortable for Him?  Am I willing to step out of my ability to control my level of discomfort and just be willing to let God take me where He wants me?  Am I truly opening my eyes to what is breaking His heart?  What does God want me to do to see people come to Him?

Are you listening or doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.