Monday, February 21, 2011

What Do We Bring The King?

Micah 6:6-8

As I have shared in previous posts, God has been turning my world upside down.  Isn't that just like Him to make sure we don't get too comfortable and set in our ways?  I love the fact that God loves us so much and so desires us to change and grow that He is constantly flipping what we thought we understood upside down and giving us new perspective.  Today I am blogging about one of my favorite verses; however, I'm including a little more context to the verse.  I know I recently blogged about this verse, but please look up Micah 6:6-8 and pray for a new perspective.

The author is writing in response to the Lord's message and asks the question, "With what shall I come before the LORD and bow down before the exalted God?"  Have you ever asked that question?  The author continues to list some things that just don't seem to measure up to the King of Kings.  Actually, the answer he finally writes in Micah 6:8 almost seems simple:  act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with God.  But I think if we examine those items closely, we can see that really isn't a simple answer.  It is extravagant.  To act justly isn't easy because we are not looking at justice from a human's perspective; we are looking at God's perspective of justice.  Loving mercy is definitely against our human nature.  Mercy requires us to let go of the bitterness and anger towards those who have hurt us, and some wounds go deep and mercy isn't the natural human response.  Walking humbly with God also goes against our human nature because we often think of ourselves before we think of God.


This is the ultimate gift God wants us to bring.  We sacrifice our human nature to bring our loving God something so much better.  When we bring Him justice, mercy, and humility we have brought Him our new hearts that are changing the world around us.  I plan to spend time exploring justice, mercy and humility for a while.


Are you ready to sacrifice more of yourself to become more of what God wants you to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.