Thursday, April 28, 2011

Strength Through Love

1 Peter 5:8-9

This week, I am starting to study the Armor of God and focusing specifically on a few words that caught my attention:  be strong and stand firm.  The last few days I looked at how our strength comes from God and that we become strong when we believe God.  The command to be strong isn't the first time we read it in the Bible and I looked at when God commanded Joshua to be strong and courageous.  Today, I want to look at the phrase, "stand firm," because I feel it is a key phrase.  Please look up 1 Peter 5:8-9.

Do you notice any similarities to Ephesians 6:10-18?  Once again the phrases, "be strong," and "stand firm," are in these verses.  When I hear the words, "stand firm," I picture someone who has firmly planted their feet spread apart on the ground.  I picture the defensive line on a football team getting ready for the football to snap so they can make their move.  They have to be firmly planted where they are in order to utilize all their strength.  Ephesians 3:14-17 gives another picture of being planted, please read it.  We are told in these verses that our strength comes from God; however, we are also given a wonderful picture of not just planting our feet, but growing deep roots.  Our roots should be growing down in God's love.

Do you believe and understand how much God loves you?  I know that we cannot fully comprehend, but we can at least get an idea of His amazing love.  Please look at Ephesians 3:18-19.  Until you begin to experience God's love for you, you have untapped power.  Our strength and power through God is unleashed when we begin to grow roots down into His love and begin to experience and believe His love.  If you have not had a fresh awakening of God's love for you, pray Ephesians 3:14-19 over your life.  God wants you to experience His love for you; after all, He sent Christ to earth out of His extravagant love for us all!

Do you believe God's love for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.