Saturday, May 28, 2011

Memory Verse #11

Philippians 4:8-9

This memory verse seemed like a fitting conclusion to this week since I have been studying peace.  Fear and anxiety start with thought processes; as does peace.  When we think on the good things of God, we are able to have peace because we are reminded by the good things that God has done for us and the good things God will do for us.  I have found myself struggling with many worries this year and it has often been about things that I have no control over.  Instead of focusing on what I cannot change or control, I should focus on the blessings that I have received from God.

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing.  Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable.  Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.  Keep putting into practice all you have learned and received from me - everything you heard from me and saw me doing.  Then the God of peace will be with you."  What are the good things from God?  Countless answers to prayer... How many times He didn't give me what I asked for because He had something better planned... music... family... friends... nature... the list goes on...  When we choose to focus on truth and praise worthy things; we gain a peaceful perspective.  The peace that passes all understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.