Thursday, May 12, 2011

Truth #4 - God Loves You

Psalm 36:5-10

As a parent, I love my children more than they can understand right now.  There are dangers that they have been protected from that they don't even know about.  There are things I do for them out of total exhaustion because I love them dearly.  Yet, they don't understand when I cannot bring in their homework they left home because I am already at work.  It has nothing to do with love, it has to do with the fact that I can't leave work and they may learn a valuable life lesson by suffering the consequences of forgetting their homework.  The fact that they forgot their homework doesn't make me love them less because I think I love them progressively more each day.  Knowing how much I love my children and that I am an imperfect parent, how much more does my Father in heaven love me?  Please turn to Psalm 36:5-10.

"How priceless is your unfailing love..."  God's love for us is priceless, so much so that He sent His Son to earth for one purpose: redemption.  God sacrificed Jesus on the cross to pay our penalty so that we could have a right relationship with Him.  That truly is priceless!  We are told in so many verses in the Bible that God's love is unfailing (Psalm 13:4-6; Psalm 90:14; Psalm 107; Psalm 147:11; Jeremiah 31:3).  There is nothing that can separate us from God's love as we read in Romans 8:38-39.  This truth is such an anchor for us to hold on to because our enemy likes to tell us lies that we are not worthy of God's love.  He will try to convince us that our past is greater than God's love.

Stand firm in the truth that there is nothing that can separate you from the love of God.  Nothing!  Whatever you have done or whatever has been done to you does not even come close to comparing to the immense love that God has for you.  God is greater than anything in this world and we also know from the Bible that God is love (1 John 4:7-8).  Therefore, His love is greater than anything in this world - including your past or current situation.  Put on the belt of truth knowing that God loves you and His love is greater than anything.  When you buckle up the belt of truth and believe God loves you, the enemy cannot lie to you about your worth to God.

Do you believe the truth that God loves you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.