Thursday, June 9, 2011

Live Out Your Salvation

Titus 2:11-14

I am a person that gets excited about the little things in life, so when I noticed this morning that Bible Gateway's updated site makes it very easy and nice to view parallel versions of the Bible I had to start using it!  I will often look at other translations because it gives me a broader view of how a word or phrase may be interpreted.  This also will alert me to when I need to use BlueLetterBible.com to look up the Hebrew or Greek word.  I will use the page for the parallel Bible when I reference a verse so you can compare two different versions yourself.  Happy Reading!

Another thing that got me excited was that when I was talking with my husband about the Armor of God, he mentioned that so much of our protection comes from living the life God calls us to live.  It keeps us from making mistakes that will cause even more difficulties for us aside from the spiritual oppression we can face.  So, this morning when I looked up Titus 2:11-14, I enjoyed how God confirms His truth for us.  Please read these verses (and enjoy using the parallel Bible)!

I may sound like a broken record on this topic; however, I will say it again (because I need to hear it myself). Our salvation comes from God's powerful grace through Jesus and we become His children.  However, there are responsibilities that we have as children of the King; we are to live like children of the King.  I think of how royalty are expected to behave a certain way and when they don't it gets splashed all over the media.  In the same way, as God's children we need to change our thoughts and behavior to reflect who we are in Christ.  In Tuesday's post, I looked at how the hope of our salvation can change how we react and think in this world.  Today, I want to look at how Christ's sacrifice was to give us a hope that will make us live out our salvation.

Verse 12 says, "And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God..."  Christ sacrificed His life not just to offer grace and forgiveness, but He wants to see us growing and changing and living out our salvation just as He lived out His life.  Christ is our model for how we are to live with "wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God."  Verse 14 says, "He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds."  A few weeks ago, I shared my memory verse and how exciting it was that we are God's special possession.  Part of being His possession is that He wants us totally committed to doing the good work He assigns to us.  These good works could range from volunteering in a prison ministry to reacting to a difficult situation at work with forgiveness and patience.  No matter where we are or what we are doing, God wants us to live out our salvation.  If you read through all of Titus 2, we are given examples of all situations of how to live out our salvation that we received so freely through grace.

Are you living out your salvation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.