Saturday, June 25, 2011

Simple Saturday - God's Protection

2 Thessalonians 3:3

"The Lord is faithful; He will strengthen and guard you from the evil one," 2 Thessalonians 3:3 (NLT).

In the eighty's, Amy Grant had a song called "Angels" where she sang about the fact God rescues us from dangers that haven't even come to our knowledge.  Today I am reminded of a time when I was in high school and I was the only child left at home.  Our screen door on the side of the house was broken, so my mom had a routine every night to purposely pull it closed so it would blow in the wind.  Late one night after my mom and I had been in bed for a few hours, my brother called.  He had felt an urgency to pray for us and called to see if we were okay.  When he called, my mom flicked on the light next to her bed.  We were fine and my mom told him so.  The next day, we discovered that the screen door next to my mom's bedroom window was open and blowing in the wind.  Maybe my mom didn't close it as tight as she thought, but we also heard from neighbors that there was a man wandering the neighborhood that night trying to get in houses. We think that when my brother called and my mom turned on her light he was at the door and the light scared him away.  We believe that God protected us that night.

The Bible tells us that there is a lot of evil in the world and I'm sure that we have all experienced it.  I do believe; however, that we are often protected from evil that we are unaware is present.  For nine weeks, I have focused on the armor of God and looked at what that means for us to be prepared for spiritual battle.  For just a brief moment, I am reminding myself that while we are to put on armor for battle there are also battles that we never fight.  God protects us!  He may use your prayers to protect someone on the other side of the world, I have heard so many amazing stories from missionaries how God protected them and they later discovered that someone was praying for them that very moment.

Let us continue to lift each other up and pray, but even more importantly - let's trust God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.