Friday, July 15, 2011

Memory Verse #14

Romans 12:3

I'm sorry I was unable to post throughout the week!  My husband's wonderful parents gave everyone in their family a trip to Disney World in Florida, and we were thoroughly enjoying spending time and playing with the family!  It was great!  I honestly thought that I would have an opportunity to post, but not so!  Thank you for your patience.

I wanted to share what my current memory verse is (I can't believe it is number 14):

"Because of the privilege and authority given to me, I give you this warning:  Don't think you are better than you really are.  Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us."  Romans 12:3 (NLT).

I chose this verse prior to going on vacation, and I believe God knew I would need a reminder of not being prideful.  The reality is, anything I have been able to do is because of Christ.  My abilities are a gift from God and anything I have done that extends beyond my abilities are all God.  Christ is the One who gives me my strength to do what I need to do and it is good to remind myself of that truth.  So, I need to remember not to think too much of myself and give God all the praise.

Enjoy your weekend, and I will be back to my regular posting schedule next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.