Saturday, August 20, 2011

Memory Verse #16

Romans 14:8

"If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord.  So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord."

One of my memory verses is 1 Peter 2:9-10 which says, "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.  Once you were not a people, now you are a people of God.  Once you had not received mercy, now you have received mercy."  As I sat down to write this post I realized how much these two verses compliment each other.  In 1 Peter, we are reminded that we are God's special possession; a people of God.  This verse in Romans is a good reminder that no matter what we are doing, we belong to God and we should live (or die) in a way that demonstrates who we belong to.  1 Peter tells us that one thing we can do is to declare the praises of the One who saved us.

I will say this: my life is forever changed because of Christ.  I have always known Him and He has always been so precious to me; however, when I faced tragedy He was there to pick me up.  He loved me, He healed me, He set my path straight, He strengthened me, He taught me to forgive, and He did so much more with me.  Instead of my pain and tragedy defining me, Christ defines me - I am God's special possession.  Is there really anything better to be?  So, I want the life I live to reflect Romans 14:8.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon....your post is my heart too. I feel the same and love that verse you shared.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.