Monday, August 29, 2011

New Study - Ephesians

I am looking forward to starting a new study on the book of Ephesians.  I was just telling a friend the other day that I always get excited about new beginnings.  I always liked starting a new year at school and meeting my new teacher, getting new school supplies, and buying new school clothes.  My kiddos have one and a half weeks left before they start school, and at work I am gearing up for the fall groups at church.  It seems perfect that with the fall coming quickly, I get to start a new study.  My desire is that by sharing my time in the Bible with you on this site, that it only inspires you to spend time in the Bible every day.  I have personally seen how God has grown me through the time I spend in the Word, and I have a passion to see others grow as well.

A description I read of the book of Ephesians said that this book was a book of encouragement to the church. This book was written initially for the church in Ephesus; however, it is believed that it was circulated in the area around Ephesus as well.  Paul spent three years in Ephesus preaching and living with the believers there.  So, as we look through this book, we can guess that Paul wrote this letter knowing individuals within the church that would be reading it.  But we know that God used Paul not only to write to the church in Ephesus; God was speaking to all believers everywhere.  In fact, many ancient transcripts of Ephesians does not include Ephesus in verse one, where it says, "...I am writing to God's holy people [in Ephesus], who are faithful followers of Christ Jesus."  Before digging into Ephesians completely, I want to look at the time Paul spent in Ephesians just to get a little background.  So, for the next few days I will be looking at the book of Acts.

It never fails to amaze me that words written two thousand years ago are still applicable to us today.  I pray that as I dig into this book, God will use it to change me into the person He has purposed me to be.  I pray that you will also experience encouragement and discover how the Bible is truly alive and active and will change your life.  I leave you with the prayer that Paul prays in verse two, "May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace."  What a beautiful prayer that we can accept and believe in the Name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.