Friday, September 16, 2011

All To Give God Glory

Ephesians 1:3-14

God has led me in ways that I never expected and I have so enjoyed the journey!  As I have somewhat picked apart these verses in Ephesians, I have found God pounding in me the message that He is to be my portion.  It has been so loud and clear and each day as I have gone to study more, I was sure that God was done with it and brought me back to that message.  Today, I would like to just read through all these verses and wrap up some of the ideas that are found here.  Please turn to Ephesians 1:3-14.

In verse three, Paul wrote, "All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ."  I started off this week exploring the idea of spiritual blessings, but I also love the fact that Paul begins with praise to God.  That is what this life is about - lifting all our praises to God who has showered us with more blessing than we can see or comprehend.  Paul then explains that we have been chosen to without fault through Christ.  That idea amazes me!  Romans 8:1-3 tells us that in Christ there is no condemnation and we are free.  Paul tells us that God has great pleasure carrying out His plan to adopt us into His family by purchasing us with Christ's sacrifice.  He has "showered us with kindness" and has given us wisdom and understanding.


This section of scripture also reveals that all who believe are united with Christ and because of this unity we are to receive an inheritance.  I explored how elsewhere in scripture we can see that the Lord is our inheritance; He is our portion.  We learn that God's plan is that all things are to be under the authority of Christ and God makes everything work out according to His plan.  God's plan is that He is to be our everything!  Paul reminds us that when we are adopted into the family of God, we receive the Holy Spirit which is our guarantee that we will receive this inheritance.  The Holy Spirit is our guarantee that God purchased us through His beautiful Son.  Paul then wraps it all up just as he started out this section of scripture that all this is done so we can praise and glorify God.

Sometimes we forget the simplicity of God's plan because we get caught up in its complexity.  Sometimes we forget who we were before Christ and forget to give God the glory.  If we could remember that we have been purchased at the greatest price so we could be united with Christ, we would be lifting our praises to God every moment of every day.  If we could remember all the spiritual blessings He has so extravagantly poured out on us, He would truly be our portion.

Take the time today to reflect on all the spiritual blessings you have been given through Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.