Saturday, September 3, 2011

Memory Verse #17

Zephaniah 3:17

"For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."

I keep reading this verse over and over because it is a beautiful promise that the Israelites were told they would experience when they were redeemed from captivity. However, we know that we have the Holy Spirit within us; therefore, the Lord our God is living among us!  Our God is a mighty savior!  We have been given salvation by His grace through faith in Christ and His sacrifice.  I think of how much I delight in my children, and then to think that God delights in me even more!  God will calm all of our fears - I have personally experienced peace in situations where I shouldn't have been peaceful.  Only God can do that!  Some versions read "He will renew you with His love."  How beautiful!  And as if that isn't enough, we read that He rejoices over us with joyful songs.

Close your eyes and let the love of our Heavenly Father wash over you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.