Saturday, September 17, 2011

Memory Verse #18

Isaiah 46:4

"I will be your God throughout your lifetime - until your hair is white with age.  I made you and I will care for you.  I will carry you along and save you."

I'm just thinking of what a blessing it is to know that God will never abandon us; He will never leave us.  Throughout out our life, He is our God.  When we need to be carried, He will carry us.  When we need to be saved, He will save us.  No matter what, nothing can change the fact that God made us and He cares for us.  That is a fact that we just cannot overlook - He is our Creator.

I think of the few things that I have made and how I take care of them for sentimental reasons.  Those are just items, nothing very important.  God made us to be living and breathing and His affection toward us is beyond sentimental value - He loves us.  If I take care of something that is really worth nothing, imagine how much more our loving Creator takes care of us - the ones He loves.  All He wants is for us to come to Him with everything; He wants to be our God, our portion, our everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.