Saturday, October 15, 2011

Memory Verse #20

Ephesians 2:10


"For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."

Every time I read this verse I get excited because there is so much packed into it.  After studying this verse a little for a past post, I really felt that I should make it my next memory verse.  First of all, "we are God's masterpiece."  The Greek word is poiēma, which means workmanship or something that is created.  We are His creation.  Paul goes on to explain that we are "created anew in Christ Jesus," and when I studied that I found that one of the definitions for the word created was to make habitable.  I love that definition because it is a beautiful reminder that we are made habitable for Christ to live in us.  We are told that this happens "so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago."  It is when we have Christ living in us that we are able to do the good things that were planned for us.  We can do the things God planned for us when we do them with God.  We have the Holy Spirit living in us empowering us to do what God has planned.

Are you doing life with Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.