Saturday, October 29, 2011

Memory Verse #21

Matthew 5:14-15


"You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.  No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house."



I remember singing "This Little Light of Mine," when I was a child and I always felt like I controlled whether or not my light was shining.  But, looking at this verse really makes me wonder about that.  Jesus said, "Like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden."  It was like Jesus was saying that if we follow Him we become a light in this dark world and this is a light that cannot be hidden.  This verse also reminds me that God has a purpose for this light.  God has a spot where He intentionally picked for this light to be.  Am I willing to completely and totally follow where ever and whenever God wants me to shine?  Do I shine when it is dark all around?  Am I shining my light so that people around me can see there is a hope that is for everyone?  Let's shine our light in this dark world!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon:

    I remember this song well. I have been guilty of hiding my light under a bushel. I pray that I always allow His light to shine through me.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.