Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sick

Luke 5:31-32

I am sick.  It is a deceptive illness because as soon as I think I am well, my illness shows its ugly presence.  My illness?  Sin.  Today, I failed again.  The problem was that I knew I shouldn't have said what I said, but I did.  Oh, how I hurt my Savior!  So, I asked for forgiveness and prayed for the strength to resist the temptation the next time it presents itself.  I pray that Jesus will turn my focus on Him so that I will not be focused on what my human nature wants.  I pray that I only speak what pleases my Father.  I am thankful that Christ came for the sick and not the perfect.  Oh how I want to please my loving Savior!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon - thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I truly appreciate it and I am glad I came back over to visit yours. I really enjoyed reading this post. its as if you wrote for me. I feel so badly sometimes at how I let the Lord down, but like you say, we ask His forgiveness and continue to walk in His grace. I am so grateful that God has grace and mercy with us.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.