Friday, November 25, 2011

All To Give Him Glory

John 17:1-4

This is going to be a short post because I am in the process of moving.  In fact, if you are reading this on Saturday morning, I am moving even as we speak.  It is not a major move; it is an in-town move.  However, we have faced some other difficulties over the last few weeks (such as funky computer issues) and I just want this move to be done!

Today the verses I am looking at are a prayer that Jesus is praying for Himself, but as His role as God's Son.  Please turn to John 17:1-4.  In these verses, we see that Jesus is asking God to glorify Himself because He wants God glorified.  He wants all people to see that God is the only true God and when Jesus is glorified, God is glorified.

This makes me ask myself if I am always doing things so that God is glorified.  It is nice to be recognized and get compliments; however, we are to be doing things not for our own recognition but for God's.  That is not easy for our human nature and that is when we are to be allowing our new nature to take over.  Our new nature will always want God glorified.  Jesus said that He brought glory to God by completing the work God had given Him to do on earth.  That is the best way we can show God's glory, because the work He wants us to do is never going to be something that we can do on our own.

Are you doing the work God called you to do?  Are you giving God the glory for the things He has done through you?

Linking up with Spiritual Sundays.

4 comments:

  1. Those are good questions to ask myself each and every day. I would like to follow Jesus's example and glorify God in all I do...His work, His plan, in His strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything we have and do in this life is because of God. I keep that forever etched in my mind to Glorify God in all that I do and take care of. Your post is an excellent reminder. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need constant reminders to give God the glory. Pride is such a sneaky sin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If we are doing good deed to be glorified by men the Bible says we have received our reward. I think it would be well to always ask ourselves if we are doing the things we do to glorify God or to glorify ourselves. Thank you for this reminder and I hope your move went well.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.