Saturday, November 12, 2011

Memory Verse #22

Hebrews 4:12

"For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires."

I really enjoy reading the Bible.  There are many reasons why I enjoy it so much.  One reason is because it is so rich and full and it seems that every time I pick it up I am learning something new.  I also enjoy the fact that it is the Word of God.  When we are reading the Bible, we are reading what God has spoken to us and it all is just as applicable today as the day it was first written.  The idea of the Word of God being a sword is mentioned in this verse and is also mentioned in Ephesians 6 as part of the armor of God.  It is so true that it exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.  How many times have I been convicted as I read the Bible about an attitude or thought that needs to change!  It is truth and life and in is everything we need to live a life that glorifies God.  If you are not spending some time everyday reading and reflecting on the Bible, please start!  You may not see it right away, but your life will never be the same.

Linking up with Spiritual Sundays.

2 comments:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.