Wednesday, November 23, 2011

There Is No Other

Deuteronomy 4:32-39

I just have to share what a beautiful, loving Father we have!  I am preparing to speak for a couple hundred women at our Women's Ministry Christmas Event in a few weeks.  I am not a public speaker; I get very nervous and stumble over my words.  Maybe that's why I prefer writing (maybe some of you bloggers can relate); I can think through what I am typing and fix my errors when I am done before another person gets to read what I wrote.  I know this is something that God wants me to do and I also know that He will empower me to do this.  I have also been dealing with a string of events that put together is making me realize that I am dealing with some spiritual attacks (so please pray for me).  One attack I was dealing with today had to do with a silly insecurity I have.  I don't like my speaking voice, and I began to worry about what it would sound like over a microphone.  I was really becoming self-conscious about it when I felt God reminding me of Philippians 4:8-9, which tells us to think on the good things of God.  Later in the day, I was making a phone call at work when the person on the other line said, "Oh what a sweet voice you have!  I wish every one who called had the voice you have..."  I know it seems insignificant, but I had been allowing the enemy speak lies into my heart today, and God came down and grabbed my hand and picked me back up.  God loves each of us so much and He meets us where we are to show us that He is real and He cares.  He does both the big and little things so we can know that He is the one true God and there is no other.  Please read Deuteronomy 4:32-39.

I got so excited about this section of scripture, I had to interrupt my husbands newspaper to read it to him.  What an incredible testimony the Israelites were to the fact that there is only one true God.  The first thing that Moses asks is if anyone has ever seen anything like what they have seen since the creation of the world.  He pointed out to them that as a nation, they have audibly heard the voice of God speak to them out of a pillar of fire.  He reminds them that no other "god" has ever declared a nation as their own possession.  God gave them the Promised Land!

Remember, we are a part of this nation as well.  1 Peter 2:9 says, "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into His wonderful light."  All of us who know Christ have been called out of darkness and have become His special possession.  But sometimes we forget where we came from and need to be reminded of the amazing work God has done in us.  God does the things in our lives big and small so that we can declare that He alone is God and there is no other.  He can create a miracle that only He could do, or He could do the small personal moments such as bringing confidence back to an area of insecurity and weakness.  Just know that God does the things He does because He loves you, but He also wants you to experience that He does the impossible because there is no other living God.

Do you believe that there is no other?  Do you look for the big and small works of God to see that He is the one and only living God?

Linking up with Word Filled Wednesday and iFellowship Blog Hop.

5 comments:

  1. I love how God meets those little felt needs in our lives. He's so tender with us! Thanks for sharing your testimony here. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So grateful for the big and the small things He does in our lives...best wishes to you as you prepare to speak.

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very much like you in that I prefer writing over speaking mostly because I can think my words over and fix them if necessary. Speaking makes me self-conscious, writing not so much.

    What a perfect sign from God you were given about your voice. He is so Good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Sharon! And I love the message about your speaking voice! Happy iFellowship Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.