Thursday, December 15, 2011

Breath of God

Victoria Falls
Genesis 2:7

I have focused on posts in the past about how we are children of God once we choose to believe in the gift of grace given to us through Jesus.  I've looked at what that means for us as His children and how we can live with confidence knowing that we are dearly loved.  Earlier in the week I looked at the creation story, but today I want to explore the creation of man and woman.  I want to look at what it means to be created by our loving Father and Creator.  Please turn to Genesis 2:7.

A friend pointed out to me that we were created entirely different from everything else in creation.  Looking at Genesis 1, we can see that the world was created by God speaking it into existence.  In Genesis 2:7, we see that God formed man.  I think that is awesome, because if He wanted to speak us into existence, He could have.  Instead, He formed us.  Look at Genesis 2:21-24.  Once again, we see that God didn't just speak woman into existence; instead, God formed her from the man.  Now look back at Genesis 1:26-27.  We see that we were created in God's image!  God made us unique from everything else He created because we are made in His image.  The last thing that I want to point out is back in Genesis 2:7, where we see that God breathed "the breath of life" into Adam.

So, we know that we are formed in His image and have His breath in us.  What a beautiful thought!  To me, this makes the whole creation of human seem so much more intimate.  I love the idea that we have the breath of God in us - the breath of life.  As I have looked at what it means that God is our creator, it is wonderful to see that He loves us enough to give us His breath.

Are you living as though you have God's breath in you?

Linking up with Thought Provoking Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. On the days when I feel like I'm just not good enough, I remember that He created me to be me. He formed me, He sets my path before me, and He loves me. What an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful... and I love remembering that He is at work in me and through me. God's breath in me... love that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.