Saturday, December 10, 2011

Through Christ

John 15:5-8

Last week, I had asked for prayer as I spoke to over 500 women and I am so blessed to say that God was there!  I had been praying that everything I said would be led by the Holy Spirit, and the very things I felt heavily impressed to share were the very things that I have gotten the most feedback on.  I shared my testimony, which isn't an easy story to share, but God led me to focus on the things He wanted me to focus on.  I love it when He shows up and we get to be a part of it!  It did get me thinking today about how it was only possible for me to do what I did through Him.  Also, I am who I am only by the work He has done in me.  As I was thinking about that (again), these verses came across my plate today - John 15:5-8.

Knowing that apart from Him I am completely lost makes me want to be permanently attached to Him. I don’t want to do life without Him; however, these verses indicate that it is possible to not remain in Christ. The visual we are given is that when we do not remain in Him, we are like a branch that falls off the vine and dries up. Since it is Christmas, that visual is real as people use boughs off of fir trees to decorate and make wreaths. By the end of the Christmas season, they are not looking as good because they are no longer alive and they are in the process of drying up.

I don’t want to be like a dead, dried up branch. Jesus tells us how to prevent that from happening in our hearts in verse 7 when He says, “But if you remain in me and my words remain in you…”  How do we do that?  I believe that in order to remain in Him, I need to spend time in prayer.  Not just prayer asking for needs, but prayer just seeking Him.  To remain in His word is to spend time in the Bible.  These things keep our relationship from going stagnant.

After spending a week on God's provision, I love that we receive when we seek Him.  We bear fruit to bring glory to God.  I want my life to reflect my beautiful Savior!  I don't want the glory, all glory goes to my Heavenly Father!

Linking up with Spiritual Sundays.

5 comments:

  1. Remaining in Christ -- that's where I want to be. Christ in me -- oh, how I want Him! I want His fruit to be evident in my life. I'm so thankful God was with you as you shared with all those women. I know the words you shared will be used of God in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Pamela. I love your heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this testimony. Only in and through Christ can we do the things God wants us to do. You are a wonderful example of this.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad God showed up and deposited good things in the women's hearts as they listened to you. I appreciate your heart of passion for Christ. I want to stay fresh and alive in Him, also. A dried out Christmas tree is a great illustration of how a cut off branch will become.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.