Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Blameless and Pure

Philippians 2:14-16

Have you ever said something and later regretted it?  Maybe you even regretted it the second it was spoken.  I know I've been there way too many times than I would like to admit.  I can go through periods where I feel like I am finally learning to master what I say, and then when I am in the middle of multiple frustrating experiences it is like an verbal avalanche.  I say one thing and then another pops out and before I realize it, I have lost control over my complaining.  The worst part of it is knowing that what I say has an impact on the people all around me and it is definitely not showing the work God is doing in me.  God is holy and we as His children are to reflect His holiness.  Please read Philippians 2:14-16.

These verses are not easy to read because I haven't been doing a good job of not complaining.  Ugh!  I could make up some excuses, but the reality is that I allowed myself to lose control of my thoughts and lose control of what I said.  We are told in verses 15 and 16 that we are to be "blameless and pure" so we can shine like lights in this world.  When we argue and complain we are opening the door to criticism and we are not shining our light as Christ told us to do.  Matthew 5:14-16 says, "You are the light of the world, like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.  No one lights a lamp and places it under a basket.  Instead it is placed on a stand where it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father."  


Instead of losing sight and complaining, we should be focusing on the task God has given us - shine our light.  Live blameless and pure.  Do good deeds.  Live out our faith.  Matthew 5:16 tells us that these things will cause people to praise God.  That is what it is all about - to bring our holy God glory.  When people see that we are living holy lives it brings glory to God.  We are told in 1 Corinthians 15:58, "Therefore my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm.  Let nothing move you.  Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, for you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."  Living out a blameless and pure life is not in vain; we are honoring God!  Let's replace the complaining and arguing with living a blameless and pure life so we shine in this world.

Have you been complaining or arguing lately?

This post is linked up with Word Filled Wednesday and iFellowship Blog Hop.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I loved your post today! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen...staying focused and in the Light is so vital!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the only way to keep growing and pleasing God! Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.