Wednesday, January 11, 2012

God Can Heal Anything

Matthew 4:23-25

Yesterday, I was telling my husband about my weekly theme for my Only God study.  I explained how I was studying that only God is our true healer.  This is an overwhelming topic because when I did a word search on the word heal, there were so many scripture references!  This is awesome to me; God is our Healer - Jehovah Rapha'.  To me, this is an important thing to remember:  God heals us because He loves us.  Just as He sent Jesus to earth to die in our place, Jesus came and healed the hurting and sick.  Please read Matthew 4:23-25.

The first thing I want to point out in these verses is that we are told in verse 23 that Jesus healed every kind of disease and illness.  There was nothing beyond His ability to heal - it says He healed every kind of disease and illness.  That means everything.  I know I am sounding redundant; however, consider how we often feel about our need for healing.  It is either too big or too insignificant.  But I have personally experienced physical healing from something as little as an ear infection and I have heard stories of people from church who were inexplicably healed from cancer.  Nothing is too big and nothing is too small - God can heal every kind of disease.

The next thing that I want to point out is that once people learned of Jesus' healing power, they came to Him for all kinds of healing.  Verse 24 tells us that even the demon possessed came for healing.  No matter what kind of healing - God can do it.  Our need for healing can be physical, spiritual, or emotional and God can touch all of them.  Just as we saw earlier in the week, He can even heal our disappointment and aching hearts.  Do not underestimate God - just know that He understands your circumstance and can provide healing.

What kind of healing do you need today?

Linking up with Word Filled Wednesday and iFellowship Blog Hop.

4 comments:

  1. Do not underestimate God - just know that He understands your circumstance and can provide healing.

    Amen and amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful reminder! God is so good! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement. God is good!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.