Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lessons From the Week

This was one of those weeks - one of those not so great weeks.  There was no major catastrophe, but it was a bunch of little annoyances and inconveniences that bogged me down.  I know you've been there; we all have.  But God uses these kind of weeks to help us grow, too.  In fact I learned a lot through this not-so-great-week.  Here are some of the ways God stretched me:
  • Be careful about jumping to conclusions - my imagination can take things way out of reality.  
  • Even though I was disappointed in the way I reacted at times, God allowed me to see that in me so I can change.
  • God knows what I can and cannot handle even better than I do.
  • It is okay to have to deal with weaknesses because that is when I am reminded to rely on God.
  • I am not an island and God created us to be in community so we can rejoice with each other, cry with each other, and pray with each other (thank you, friends!).
Yet, in those lessons that are never easy, God also gave me joy.  Joy in the friendships He placed around me, and joy in the sheer knowledge that He loves me.  He gave me lessons such as Tuesday's post where I learned that He may not take me away from the bitter water, but He can sweeten the bitter water.  As I prayed through my disappointments and asked God to sweeten my bitter water, I realized that I needed Him to show me the tree to throw in.  As soon as I prayed for the tree, He reminded me that the tree I need is the cross.  I received peace in laying my burdens at the cross.  Such sweet peace.

What have you learned this week?

Linking up with Spiritual Sundays.

6 comments:

  1. Very good post on what you learned this week...I am studying obedience and this week God has been sharing with me His words on seeing the adventure in each day...not going ahead to try to see the future but walk today with Him. Also radical obedience ~ obeying God even when it does not make sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Radical obedience...that is exactly what God wants from us. It goes against the wisdom of this world because it doesn't always make sense. Have you read the book, Radical by David Platt? If not, I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Sharon...I can so relate to what you said. And great advice. I hope this week shines for you. ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I hope it is filled with blessings for you!

      Delete
  3. These are thought provoking thoughts. Thank you for sharing them.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.