Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Perspective

Micah 6:8

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Last weekend, I mentioned that I was going to be following along with the Internet Cafe Devotion's Living Intentionally series this year.  This week, we were challenged to pray about and think through what our perspective for the year will be.  In the process, we were encouraged to focus on a word that is part of that focus and a verse.  The word that I chose to focus on this year is justice.  While justice is not a new word for me, it is a word that God keeps putting on my plate.  I feel like each day He keeps opening my eyes to different ways people experience injustice.  Throughout the year last year, I also felt that God kept putting verses that showed His passion for justice in front of me.  I have to admit that when I chose this word, I hadn't put a lot of prayer into it because after this last year it was right in front of me.

This is a challenging word because I feel like there is a lot of responsibility with this word.  If I say this is my focus this year, then I have to act on it.  Justice isn't a word to be talked about; it is a word that requires action.  So, really my prayer isn't what word to focus on....my prayer is what does God want me to do with justice?  This is what I feel God wants for me.

What is your perspective this year?


Linking up with Living Intentionally and Spiritual Sundays.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, you are so right...justice is a word that requires action. I guess the word I felt chose me this year is too....obedience...it requires action also. I wonder what God will teach us about our words this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be interesting to see what our thoughts are at the end of the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think any word we choose would require action . God has been speaking to me about love--demonstrating it in all we are , do and say. I have recently read a book where I could really see the love of God exemplified by this person who was a regular individual that has had this as a goal--pretty amazing how God has used her to touch others and actually to touch a whole nation. Faithfulness in our own areas could be transformative for those around us, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be interesting to see how God uses you and that word in your life this year. Keep good record of the opportunities He brings you. Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nannykin - You're right! Anything that God wants to see in us requires action. Love is an incredible word because God is love...it really is amazing what love can accomplish.

    Ruth - It will be interesting to see what God has planned. Right after I wrote this post He had done something that confirmed the word and verse I had chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your word choice, Sharon, stops me in my tracks. You're right -- to select justice requires a commitment to action. What a great way to start a living intentionally journey...active! May God give you both grace and joy as you seek to live out justice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a good word. I think there is too little justice in our world today. I'm glad you chose it. And I don't think it was by accident.
    Many blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely will be interesting! God has confirmed that word choice with me as soon as I posted and has since then as well!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.