Friday, January 27, 2012

Promise For Those Who Show Justice

Psalm 106:1-3

I love that God is faithful!  God will always do what He promises and He can do everything He promises.  Just that knowledge in and of itself is enough to empower us to do what He asks us to do.  This is because we are not doing it on our own, when we give our life over to God we are living life with the power of the Holy Spirit.  This means that we can do all that He asks of us, which is encouraging to remember on the days when life seems hard and is stretching us in all directions.  All week long, I have been studying how justice is so important to God and He wants it to be important to us.  Today, I am looking at a promise God gives to those who show justice.  Please look up Psalm 106:1-3.

These verses are awesome because they first remind us the greatness of God and His power to do anything and then we are given a promise.  Isn't that just like our Father to remind us of the fact that He is faithful just before giving us a promise?  To me, it is like God is saying, "You can believe this promise I am giving to you because I always live up to my promises.  I can do anything!"   What is the promise?  Joy!  God promises joy to those who do what is right and show justice.  Yesterday, I showed that the justice that I am writing about this week has to do with the way we treat people.  We should always treat people the way we would want to be treated.

I wonder if He promised joy because doing the right thing isn't the easy way out.  Doing the right thing can sometimes put us in a position of inconvenience.  Doing the right thing will mean that we are considering how our actions are effecting the people around us.  Doing the right thing means that we will sacrifice our comfort in order that someone else will be treated fairly.  But we can know that God promises joy to those who show justice and do what is right.  What a wonderful promise we can cling to when doing the right thing is hard!

Do you believe in God's promise of joy?

This post is linked with Brag on God Friday.

2 comments:

  1. I believe!!! and I know God is faithful....
    and trying to do the right thing..is always the right thing!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following! :) Looking forward to visiting your blog.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.