Saturday, January 28, 2012

Static

Hebrews 12:1-2

Have you ever noticed that static is something we deal with on a daily basis?  When we listen to the radio in the car, something will happen to weaken the signal strength.  Maybe you drive in a tunnel or maybe you are driving out of the range of the radio tower.  Whatever it is, it distracts us from the music or programming we are listening to.  I have also noticed that the more I listen to the static, the less I hear the music - even if the static isn't too bad.  I was thinking about this because our walk with God can be like that too; we deal with things in life that can distract us and turn our focus on that instead of God.  Things like busy schedules, work stress, marital issues, a child struggling at school can all add static.

One thing that I have learned is that when life's static start creating issues I explore and see what is going on.  Maybe it is just a little noise that I have to tune out and continue to focus on God.  But sometimes, it may be because I'm driving out of the signal range and I need to turn around.  Focus is a choice.  We can choose to continue focusing on God no matter the noise around us.  Direction is a choice.  We can choose to walk away from God's voice, or we choose to stay close enough to hear Him.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."  Hebrews 12:1-2 NIV.

What are you choosing?

This post is linked with Spiritual Sundays.

4 comments:

  1. So good, Sharon. I like the variety of static -- tune out or turn around. I'll be thinking about that this week as I hear the static of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the analogy of static. There is so much "static" in our lives. I like your solution. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting, Charlotte!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.