Saturday, February 18, 2012

Standing Firm In Our Hope

Colossians 1:21-23

Sorry about not having a post up yesterday; I have been struggling with headaches for over a week and they finally blew up into a big migraine yesterday.  Not fun.  One good thing that came out of it is that the message of our greatest hope was up as my most recent post for an extra day.  That gave more people an opportunity to read it.  I do want to finish what I started on Thursday because the last verse I am looking at is a powerful reminder for all believers.  Please read Colossians 1:21-23.

Remember the church in Colosse was struggling with other beliefs squeezing their way into the church.  These beliefs were largely based in Gnosticism, which would give newer believers a lot of doubt about what their faith was based on.  Paul was reminding them to stand firm in the hope that they placed their faith on and reminded them that he sacrificed a lot to proclaim the Good News of the Gospel.  Our world is no different today; we have a lot of things bombard us that plant a seed of doubt.  In fact, we have an enemy who wants to steal that hope away from us and when we are followers of Christ we become a target.  That is why it is so important to pray through the armor of God found in Galatians 5.  We need to stand firm in the truth of the Gospel and allow that hope to carry us through the day.  I wrote about how I pray through the armor of God in this post.

The Gospel of Hope and Truth is real and we can stand firm knowing that our Creator loves us!  Our God saves us and our God is greater than anything we face.  Keeping holding on to the hope you have in Christ.

Are you standing firm in your faith no matter what the world tells you?

This post is linked with Brag on God Friday and Spiritual Sundays.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. I'm glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. Thank you! What a beautiful hope it is too. Thanks for linking up Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of an old hymn -- "On Christ the solid rock I stand." The world makes other things look good, but if we are standing on the solid rock our trust and hope will stand firm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had that hymn on my heart last week! The world does make other things look good, so we feel like we can't let go. After letting go, we find ourselves with the ability to hold on to God.

      Delete
  4. This is so true, Sharon. I believe our sharing on blogs like Spiritual Sundays is helpful to increase our faith when we share our faith each week.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.