Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Little Thought On Prayer and Praise

@Deposit Photos; Balazs
The Bible is full of so many wonderful prayers and praises to God, and I just wanted to look at a couple.  It is good to meditate on scripture, and I like to pray this verse to God in praise:

"Yours oh Lord is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty.  Everything in the heavens and on the earth is Yours oh Lord and this is Your kingdom.  We adore you as the One who is over all things."  1 Chronicles 29:11 (NLT)

It is a good reminder of the greatness of God, and when I pray this I am overcome by the fact that our God allows us to come before Him in prayer.  That is truly amazing!

This is a prayer that I like to pray over my family:

"My you have the power to understand as all God's people should how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is.  May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully.  Then you will be made complete in all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."  Ephesians 3:18-19 (NLT)

Isn't that a powerful prayer to pray over the ones you love?  There are so many more wonderful verses that we can pray into our lives and into the lives of the people around us.  Memorizing these verses make it so much easier to add them into our prayers.

What are some of your favorite scriptures to pray over yourself and loved ones?

This post is linked with Spiritual Sundays.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, I love to put my children's names in that prayer and know that their future is in God's capable hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like that..."God's capable hands." How true that is!

      Delete
  2. Let us be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath, for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. (Js. 1:19-20)

    Let the meditation of my heart and the words of my mouth be acceptable in your sight. (Forget the reference--in Psalms or Proverbs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are wonderful prayers to be praying into our lives! Thank you for sharing.

      Delete
  3. Hey that is my favourite scripture!! I love to pray THE WORD - cos then I know the WORD will accomplish the purpose for which it is sent forth and it will not return to Him void. Hallelujah! [ your newest follower- great blog!!!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nice to meet you! There is nothing better than to pray God's Word...well except that we believe it. :)

      Delete
  4. Excellent! I pray for my family and especially my children so often.
    Just want to tell you I am impressed every time I come to your blog. Love the layout and everything about it.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte! I appreciate you visiting each week. :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.