Saturday, March 17, 2012

Acceptance


Last week, I shared with you that I have been dealing with some struggles that I have no control over.  I shared how God had some of my friends praying for me before they even knew that I was struggling over these issues on a particular day.  They just knew that God placed me on their heart and prayed for me.  I cannot express in words how blessed I was by that!  Just to know that God wanted me to see Him in all the muck and know that He cared.  That week was such a tender week for me because I knew that no matter how things will turn out, God is with me.  That doesn't make the struggles go away, but I know that I am not alone.

In her book, Hinds Feet On High Places, Hannah Hurnard creates a scene in which the protagonist comes across a little flower growing in a place that it shouldn't be able to grow.  The environment was too harsh for such a delicate flower.  The protagonist comes to learn that the flower's name is Acceptance With Joy.  I have had very difficult things happen in my life where I needed to learn to forgive, and God gave me joy from the beauty He created out of those circumstances.  The joy came on the other side of the difficulties.  But this time is different.  As I have been challenged to read through and memorize the book of James, the idea of considering joy because of trials has been such a foreign concept that I thought I was beginning to understand.  But God has been showing me how much He has stretched me through this difficulty and I am now starting to truly understand those verses.

This week, I was talking with one of my friends that had been praying for me and knew that we were seeing greater struggles in this situation.  As I was talking with her, God showed me the work He was doing in my life. He showed me how I have been able to accept what was happening because He had revealed in such a tender, yet powerful way that He was with me.  Acceptance.  I'm not talking about giving up; I'm talking about acceptance.  I have come to a place where I understand that God is allowing this season to happen, and that is okay.  It's not easy, but it is okay.  This realization of my acceptance truly has brought me joy; joy in knowing that God is doing an amazing work in my heart.

This March, our weather has been unseasonable; it is still winter, yet it feels like the middle of April.  The signs of Spring are everywhere - we even have high pollen counts, which is unheard of in Western New York in the middle of March!  My point is, that is how my heart feels.  Right now, it is still winter (a difficult season in life); yet God is making it feel like Spring.  He has shown me that this isn't forever but it is just a season that is coming to a close.  He has led me for this moment to a peaceful meadow where He can refresh me and renew my strength.
"The LORD is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name."
  Psalm 23:1-3 (NLT)
This post is linked with Spiritual Sundays.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon :)

    It's so wonderful to read your post this morning. I'm so thankful for the way God works in our lives. He continues to show us the way in which to continue on our journey -following Him. I'm thankful that no detail is too little for our God, and no problem or struggle is to big for our God. *What a blessing of friends you have, ones that respond to the Holy Spirit's nudging and pray for you.*

    I love Psalm 23.

    Praising the Lord with you, in all seasons.
    ~Deanna

    P.S. - I'd like to mention that I am thankful, and 'tickled pink' to read your comments at my blog! I've noticed that when I write more of how the Lord is moving in my life and others, when I write about my excitement from scripture that comments become very low to none. This saddens me a bit, but. It's okay though, yet at the same time it's been such a joy to hear your heart for the Lord shared at blog through your comments. Blessings :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting Deanna! I am so overwhelmed and grateful for the friends God has put in my life. I am blessed.

      It is nice to hear from those who are reading, isn't it?

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.