Saturday, March 3, 2012

He Prays For Us

Do you ever get overwhelmed by God's love?  Are you ever amazed by Him?  This week, God knew that I would need encouragement as I am dealing with a difficult situation.  I was dealt a blow on Tuesday evening that was both discouraging and stressful about a situation that I had been working through for a couple of years.  My husband and I prayed for wisdom and direction on what our next step should be and went to bed.  The next day, we went to work (which is at our church).  As I went to my desk, one of the ministry assistants that I work with knows about this situation that we had been working through.  She asked how things were going and said that it was on her heart that morning.  When I shared with her the news we received the night before, she prayed with me and we both acknowledged that God had probably placed it on her heart so she could pray with me.  As she prayed with me, I felt peace come over me.

Later on that morning, the entire church staff gathered for prayer.  I have to admit that morning I was laying my burden over this difficulty to God and while I was praying I felt His encouragement.  I knew He was in control and that He knew what was best.  Yesterday, as I was at lunch with some friends I mentioned that we were having difficulty with this situation.  My friend then said, "God had me praying for you over that situation on Wednesday morning."  I was overwhelmed by God's love for me!  He had two friends praying over me and my husband in relation to this situation even though they had no idea what had been going on.  God knew that I would need that encouragement.

"And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words."  Romans 8:26.

Not only does God care enough to have our friends pray for us, but the Holy Spirit prays for us.  God knows our situations even better than we do and He knows about them even before we do.  I had a friend contact me a few days before this all happened to let me know that God had placed me on her heart and she had been praying for me.  Not only is He praying for me and having other people pray for me through the situation, He had my friend praying for me before I knew what was happening.  We don't always find these things out, but it is so encouraging when we get a glimpse of what God is doing on our behalf.  Be blessed knowing that you are loved by your Heavenly Father.

This post is linked with Spiritual Sundays.

10 comments:

  1. Amen! Wonderful post .. Blessings, xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Celia. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful and awesome is our God! He cares for us so beautifully! My blog today is about the caring of God. Visit if you get a chance. And may you continue to be blessed and amazed by the depth of God's love for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading it! I never want to get to the place where I am not amazed by His love and I desperately want to see others overwhelmed, too. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. How encouraging! God is so good! I'm glad you received his love in such a tangible way. May God continue to give you wisdom and comfort and strenght in what you're going through. And because you've shared we can all pray for you, too!
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruth. I appreciate your prayers! The news hasn't gotten any better; however, because of prayer and everyone who has been lifting us up, we feel encouraged.

      Delete
  4. Yes, Sharon, that is the beauty of the Body of Christ - praying for one another and carrying one another's burden. All these years as I wait for complete healing, our beloved brethren in Christ pray for me unceasingly and I know the Lord has been hearing our concerted prayers because I'm still here writing about His goodness and enduring mercies!

    Rina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how many more people are coming to know God in a new way because of your writing! It is a blessing to be a part of the body of Christ.

      Delete
  5. Prayer definitely changes things. In our ministry we went through some very difficult situations sometimes when there seemed to be no good answer, but God is so faithful. After all was said and done we were in a better place and happier than we could have imagined.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is never easy when we are going through it! Prayer makes all the difference and that is when we grow and find ourselves in that better place.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.