Saturday, April 14, 2012

What Controls Me




"Either way, Christ’s love controls us. Since we believe that Christ died for all, we also believe that we have all died to our old life. He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them."  2 Corinthians 5:14-15

This morning, I have doing a little thinking about what my passion is as part of the challenge I am participating in called Living Intentionally.  I could just shout out an instant answer, but the posts written by Lisa Pullam found on Internet Cafe Devotions puts us through a more thought out process.  But I can say that while I am thinking about my specific passions for right now, I know this verse reflects the overall purpose we have in Christ.  "Either way, Christ's love controls us...."  No matter what, what controls me should be Christ's love if I am a follower of Christ.  These verses tell us that we have died to our old life when we took the step of faith to believe that Christ died for everyone.  But then this means that we will no longer live for ourselves.  We live for Christ because His love shown on the cross and in His resurrection controls us.  So, no matter what I feel God leading me to in my life, I know that His love should be what guides me.  His love should be what motivates me.

What controls you?

This post is linked with Spiritual Sundays.

2 comments:

  1. knowing that God controls my life brings comfort to me. He knows better than I do how to fulfill my needs. thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does bring comfort when we surrender our control to Him!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.