Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

For all you mothers who are out there in cyber-land, happy Mother's Day.  For those of you who are reading from other countries, today is a day where we take time to recognize our mothers and all that they have done for us.  This is a day where we let our mothers choose what the plans are for the day which could be relaxing (my choice) or working on a hobby, or even doing something active with the whole family.  Either way, it is an opportunity to tell our moms how much we appreciate all that they do for us.

Proverbs 31:30-31 (NLT) says, "Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise."  We are actually told in this proverb that we should offer praise for all the works our mothers have done.  I am blessed to have a mother that found it important that we were raised to believe in God.  Not just believe in God, but believe in the beautiful gift of salvation that was offered to us through Jesus.  For that, I am deeply grateful.  I am grateful that at a young age, I grew to know my Creator as my loving Father.  I am grateful that truth has shaped who I am today.  There is no greater gift a mother could give to her children than to lovingly teach them the truths found in the Bible.

If you have a mother, have you thanked her lately for the love she has given you?  Do you have a mother who raised you to know Jesus?

This post is linked with Spiritual Sundays.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you pointed out that no everyone in the world observes Mother's Day as we do here in the U.S. I like the way you ended the post with the admonition to thank your mother. And thank you for sharing this insight.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting, Charlotte! And as always...thank you for hosting the blog link up.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.