Saturday, May 5, 2012

Peace Through Christ

Philippians 4:6-7

"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

I used to worry a lot. I pretty much worried about everything. If things were busy, I'd worry about whether or not I could handle it all.  If I had a test, I'd worry about getting a good grade - even if I knew all the material. When I had to play flute for a judge, I'd worry about dropping my flute in the middle of the piece even though I have never dropped my flute while playing it.  I worried about things even if things were going great.  I worried if I said the wrong thing.  You name it, I worried about it.  I'm sure there is someone out there that can relate to what I'm writing about!

But as I have grown closer to God, I have learned to let go of my worries.  I still have my moments of worry; however, it is not a constant flow and when the worry comes I have learned to pray.  For the last month at work, I have been consumed with planning a service event where we mobilize hundreds of volunteers into our community.  It all happens on one day, which was today.  As I began to find myself in the full onslaught of planning, I felt worry creeping up on me because I don't feel like it is really one of my strengths to plan events.  But then God reminded me that His strength is made perfect in our weaknesses and I am doing it for Him and with Him.  I began to pray differently each morning; I prayed that God would help me plan not with my strength, but with His.  I prayed that I would be able to be productive and focused with not my energy but His.  And as I prayed, I felt the worry slip away and given a peace that was beyond me.  That is only through Christ!

This post is linked with Spiritual Sundays.

2 comments:

  1. It's so easy to worry and important to turn to God and find peace. I'm pleased to find your lovely post from Spiritual Sundays. I'm following your blog and would like to invite you to visit mine. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is easy to worry, isn't it? I am so thankful that we have a God who cares and carries our burdens! Thank you for visiting...I look forward to visiting your blog!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.