Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sacrifice of Praise

This morning I'm slogging through a cold and can only hear out of one ear.  It is annoying because my kids are getting impatient with me asking, "What did you say?"  I woke up around 6:00 AM and I wasn't sure if I would make it to my exercise class because my head wasn't feeling too great.  But I went anyway hoping that I would just make it through at least a half hour.  I ended up making it through the entire hour and feeling tired but better than I did when I went in to the class.  Moving around and stretching seemed to have an effect on how the cold was making me feel.

Sometimes we can feel like that with our spiritual life.  Maybe we feel too distracted to pray or read the Bible for the day; however, if we still jump in and give it a try we come out finding that we are completely blessed by our time with God.  We find that we are more ready for the day than we were before going into our time with God.  We find ourselves praising and worshiping God more because we become more aware of His greatness.  We are more able to walk through the day with God's eyes and see what He wants us to do.  When we spend time with God, we find that He empowers us to meet the needs of those around us.  Hebrews 13:14-16 says, "Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name. And don’t forget to do good and to share with those in need.  These are the sacrifices that please God."  Let's make the sacrifices that please God rather than ourselves!

Here are a few of my favorite posts this week:

A beautiful post by Christina on the importance of reading the Bible at  To Show Them Jesus

A wonderful post of encouragement by Tracy at My Daily Walk In His Grace

A great reminder by Christa on trusting God's guidance at Ewe Speak

This post is linked with Spiritual Sundays.

3 comments:

  1. We had similar thoughts about the Word:) It's true, once we dive in, our day is so much better! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do need to just do it! sometimes. We know it's good for us and God is always there to meet us no matter how we come or how we feel or what mood we're in. I'm glad he is always the same constant Friend and Lover of my soul. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.