Saturday, June 9, 2012

He Is God

 


 "Before the mountains were born,
before you gave birth to the earth and the world,
from beginning to end, you are God." 
Psalm 90:2 (NLT)




I think this is a reality that we sometimes forget: before God ever created this world, He was God.  No matter what is going on in relation to this world, God is still God; He always has been and He always will be.  Just the wonderful truth that God is God should bring us to a place of great worship and praise to God.  We can take comfort in knowing and remembering this truth because we also know that there is nothing too difficult for God.  Nothing!  This world is His creation, so this world must bow to His command.  No matter what our scientific laws say, God can make things happen that seem impossible.


Have you thought about who God is lately?


This post is linked with Spiritual Sundays.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, we do need to always remember this great truth. God is always God. He can do whatever he pleases.

    It does bring me to worship! Thanks, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has always seemed too much of an abstract to me--God was always God. At the same time, that's what made Him God. Even as a child I never questioned if God WAS God--there was always that bubble of joy that reminded me He was. I looked down at my Bible when our pastor was preaching this morning and saw a box with the words, "I am the A and the Z." Never heard it put that way but I'm glad He has the beginning and the end taken care of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too, Pamela. There is great comfort when we can hand over everything to God. Great point, as well! When we can remember that He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and end, we can trust Him more freely.

      Delete
  3. So true. Thank you for this reminder.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.