Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pictures

I love going through our pictures because it brings back so many memories.  Yesterday, I was online making a couple of photo books with a coupon I had and really enjoyed the process because it was taking me back to some of the fun times our family had throughout the year.  Going through pictures can also document some painful times as well.  Looking at this last school year in pictures also amazed me because my kiddos look older now than they did nine or ten months ago!  But overall, going through pictures brings a happiness at seeing the good times in full color.

We have a spiritual photo album as well that is also good to look at.  This photo album marks the significant ways we grew in our relationship with God.  In this spiritual photo album, we see things that are painful and joyful, but in all things we see how God used them to help us grow.  We can look through our spiritual photo album and see how we graduated from the school of bitterness and grief into the higher learning of forgiveness and healing.  We see how we marked major milestones such as learning to trust God even more. I would encourage you to look back and see how God has been with you all along; even if you don't feel like His has been.  Ask God to open your eyes and see the pictures in your spiritual photo album and you will be blessed!


This post is linked with Spiritual Sundays.

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Sharon. I love to look at old pictures too and have made a couple of photo books online. I like the way you compared it to spiritual photos. I'm also glad that you are being blessed by Spiritual Sundays. We are blessed by you as well. Thank you for the nice comment you made.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte! I really appreciate you taking the time to come visit and leave encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Another comment - I just realized it was another Sharon who commented. When I scrolled down and saw your picture I realized you were not a new blogger.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.