- We went hiking/creeking to see the eternal flame near our house. This is a favorite that we do each year since moving here three years ago. It is hard to tell in this picture, but there is a flame that burns from a crack of natural gas in a small cave behind a waterfall. It really is worth the hike down into the canyon.
|Eternal Flame - Chestnut Ridge|
- I don't have pictures, but my husband and kiddos went to a children's camp in North Carolina, where he was the camp speaker. They had a blast that week and the kids made some new friends.
|In front of the Capitol building.|
- We spent a week in Washington DC, where we enjoyed visiting the monuments, memorials, and the museums. We also sat on the Capitol Lawn for the 4th of July concert and fireworks. Very hot (104 degrees Farenheit) but definitely something you don't get to do everyday!
|Capitol on 4th of July.|
|Fireworks at Washington DC.|
- On our way home from Washington (which was through the beautiful Pennsylvania mountains), we stopped at Gettysburg and viewed the land of the largest battle ever fought on USA soil. It is definitely worth the trip - it gave us all a better idea of the enormity of the battle.
|One of the Gettysburg memorials.|
- My daughter started a tradition last year when my mom came to visit when she hosted a "Hawaii Day." This year she did "Africa Day" where she created many games and activities that were based on African culture. Games ranged from "Water Head" to a real African Stuffie Safari. She used things I brought back with me from Zambia and the information I gave her. So cute!
|Pin the banana on the tree.|
- We squeezed in one more thing this weekend: hiking at Stony Brook State Park in New York, a one-night camping trip and a day at the Corning Museum of Glass. We had a great time taking the kiddos camping - especially since we haven't gone camping for a couple of years.
|Our tent. :)|
|Creating a glass pendant.|
|Stony Brook State Park.|
Overall, it has been a summer where I have continued on my journey with God. He guides my steps with my family, work, and relationship with Him.
This post is linked with Spiritual Sundays and Soli Deo Gloria.