Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Reader's Choice Post

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!  The rest of this week, I am posting some popular posts from this past year.  I will get back to Matthew next week!

The following post is by far the most visited post that I wrote this year.  I cannot emphasize enough the power of prayer in our personal lives and in the lives of our loved ones.  I think combining scripture with our prayers holds more power than we can really understand.

A Little Thought On Prayer and Praise


The Bible is full of so many wonderful prayers and praises to God, and I just wanted to look at a couple.  It is good to meditate on scripture, and I like to pray this verse to God in praise:

"Yours oh Lord is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty.  Everything in the heavens and on the earth is Yours oh Lord and this is Your kingdom.  We adore you as the One who is over all things."  1 Chronicles 29:11 (NLT)

It is a good reminder of the greatness of God, and when I pray this I am overcome by the fact that our God allows us to come before Him in prayer.  That is truly amazing!

This is a prayer that I like to pray over my family:

"My you have the power to understand as all God's people should how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is.  May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully.  Then you will be made complete in all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."  Ephesians 3:18-19 (NLT)

Isn't that a powerful prayer to pray over the ones you love?  There are so many more wonderful verses that we can pray into our lives and into the lives of the people around us.  Memorizing these verses make it so much easier to add them into our prayers.

What are some of your favorite scriptures to pray over yourself and loved ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.