Saturday, January 5, 2013

Eternity In Our Hearts

"Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end."  Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NLT)

That is the verse I am currently working on to memorize.  Have you ever thought of the fact that everything has beauty for its time.  For example, this picture is of my backyard this week:


Or, here is a picture of a butterfly I took this summer:


Snow has a way of making a dull landscape look beautiful, and it is hard to imagine that delicate butterfly was once a caterpillar.

Can you believe this truth for yourself?  Have you thought that God put you here to add beauty to this time and place?  I think that is an awesome thought!

But there is one more thing in this verse that really sticks out at me:  "...He has planted eternity in the human heart..."  How cool is that!?  Earlier in the week I looked at some parables Jesus told and one of them had to do with a farmer scattering seed.  How the seed produced in the end depended on the soil.  God has planted eternity in the human heart; however, we need to accept His truth. But this verse tells us that even with eternity planted in our heart, we still cannot see the big picture that God sees.  I'm sure when He looks at the part of the picture you are in, He sees something beautiful - His beloved creation.

This post is linked with Spiritual Sundays.

2 comments:

  1. oh what a sweet reminder this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...something I've been thinking about for week. So beautiful!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.