Saturday, January 19, 2013

River in the Wasteland

This year has already had a start that was better than last year.  Last year started with some "bitter water" that lasted the rest of the year.  We finally saw resolution to the situation at the very end of the year which gave the beginning of this year a literal fresh start.  The sigh of relief that my husband and I felt when we saw the end to a long, drawn out situation (about three and a half years) was amazing.  But even during this last year that seemed to throw continuous disappointment in our situation we felt and saw God's hand on our lives.  If anything, I know I felt His presence throughout and He spoke reassuring truths to my heart.  With that said, this verse came to my attention at the end of December through the Bible Gateway verse of the day (you see it on the right side of the screen).  It spoke such a wonderful reminder of hope that I have felt God speaking to my heart that I had to use this as one of my memory verses.  It is rare that I have my verses picked out so far in advance, but I knew that this was one that I needed to memorize.  So, here goes:

"I am the LORD , who opened a way through the waters, making a dry path through the sea...But forget all that - it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.  For I am about to do something new.  See, I have already begun!  Do you not see it?  I will make a pathway through the wilderness.  I will create rivers in the dry wasteland."  Isaiah 43:16,18-19

Isn't that beautiful.  I know that was a promise spoken to Israel, but it is such a reminder of the fact that God does create pathways in the wilderness and He does create rivers in dry wastelands.  Whatever we experience, God can use it to make something wonderful in our lives.

This post is linked with Spiritual Sundays.

6 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for sharing this today! That verse really spoke to me in a fresh new way!! May God make your pathway SHINE in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Karen. As soon as I read those verses, I just felt God giving me a renewed hope. I love how He speaks such love and hope in our hearts.

      Delete
  2. i love that he does something new. such hope in those verses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear Sharon
    Yes, dear one, it is amazing how He provides through every wasteland and valley we go through. It is as if we learn to trust His Presence more and more with each trial we face.
    Much love to you
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. When we witness firsthand His love and presence during our difficulties and later see how His hand was on us the entire time our faith grows leaps and bounds.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.